queer.party runs Mastodon v3.2.1 with minor customisations to available themes and functionality. The code which generates these customisations is posted at https://commit.pup.cloud/maff/queer.party
Running on three Alpine Linux VMs with Docker in Swarm mode, queer.party consists of the following.
- Portainer stack – for swarm management and health-check APIs
- Database – Postgres (
- Web (2x), Streaming, Sidekiq queue runners (4x) – Mastodon (
- Task and cache storage – Redis (
- CDN – Minio (
- Front-end – Traefik (
- Database read-only replica – Postgres (
- Backup handler (compression, encryption, upload) – Duplicati (
Future improvements to queer.party, and any longer-term plans, are listed below. Any entries listed with a 🥧 emoji are “pie-in-the-sky” and unlikely to be realised.
- Re-add elasticsearch 🥧
- HA Postgres setup 🥧
- HA load-balancer setup 🥧
- Switch to Kubernetes 🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧🥧